Healthcare insurers in the United States process more than 5 billion claims for payment almost every year.
- The claims need to be processed systematically keeping standardized coding systems at place.
- Local Coverage Documents [LCDs] were required to be stored on the website to speed up the claim settlement process.
- Healthcare professionals should be able to use CPT codes for identifying the services and procedures for which they billed programs of public or even private health insurance.
- Any entity should not face difficulty when looking for any code and description. The website should allow easy access to data required from the tonnes of data.
- LCDs categorized by Contractor or by State need to make things easier to find desired code.
- Each LCD should have different codes such as CPT/HCPCS, ICD9/10 codes ought to support medical necessity as well as ICD9/10 codes.
- Both ‘Active and ‘Archived’ codes need to be extracted in a separate text format.